Week 11

This week I read, Eightball by Daniel Clowes. This comic was honestly, really weird and messed up and I can't say I really liked it that much. Maybe that's close minded of me or ignorant. But, I couldn't get into the art style, I don't really enjoy the way he draws, his stylized and hideous characterizations are hard to look at, even though I get why he did it, or at least I can guess the reasons. I assume he did this to emphasize the imperfections of humans and to show people how they really look, gross and disfigured, unattractive and awful. And while I get that point and I see where he's coming from, from a fine-art stand point. That doesn't make me enjoy reading the comic anymore. It just isn't my cup of tea, I want to be visually attracted to the characters and to feel good looking at them. When I look at these characters in Eightball, it makes me want to cringe away or avert my eyes. But, maybe thats what he was going for ahaha, if that's he case, he did pretty darn good. But yeah, I didn't read too much this comic, about as much as I could handle. It was a strange story and stranger art.