Week 10


This week I read Death Note by Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata. I was really excited to see this option on the list of comics to read, as I had watched this anime a few years ago and I really love to read the Manga's that came before animes. Honestly though, I didn't LOVE Death Note. When I first started watching the anime, I liked it, the first about 5-10 episodes, but then the story takes a weird turn and the ending is honestly super lame in my opinion, I hate how Light Yagami(AKA Kira) goes out like a whiny bitch. It was really frusterating, cuse I love characters that 'predict things' and are always 'one step ahead' its really fun. But then he gets cornered and whines like a little wuss and then dies. So lame. But in general, I love the concept of this story and in character interactions and I enjoyed reading the Manga. The anime did pretty darn good to be honest, it gets really close which I enjoyed. This week was a good read and while its super lame to say, I prefer to read animes then regular comics, but maybe that just sounds ignorant. I just like the intense stories and art styles they use. Granted, a lot of the comics we've been reading have been just as intense and had just as good art styles, I think it's just easier to get a hold of Manga stories and more people read them because of the animes. It's good to have taken this class so my horizon can be broadened. :)